Trip, Fall? Continue, even if you crawl!
Along the journey towards better health, there seems to be a series of misconceptions implanted in our brains.
This is one of them:
Success is defined as one huge, amazing, all-at-once achievement
Sounds about right, right?
Success, in my experience, is a repeated cycle of preparation, improvement, tripping, falling, slowing/ stalling, maybe even regressing… then a huge mind-battle ending with a figurative slap in the face – a fresh jab of determination to move forward again.
That, my dears, is success.
- Nobody finished a marathon merely because they started.
- Nobody climbed to the top of Mount Everest in one huge leap.
- Nobody ever became a master at any sport after one attempt.
- Nobody shed 40kg of body fat because they ate one plate of steamed vegetables.
- Nobody ever displayed beautifully-sculpted muscles because of one amazing weights session.
It’s that one decision, every day, that becomes an amazing success over time.
It’s just that one thing…
- One chocolate that goes uneaten
- One soft drink that you don’t end up buying
- One spoon of sugar that you remove from your coffee
- One walk you do despite being tired
- One gym session when you “don’t have time”
- One time you suggest a physical activity as an outing
- One time you start reading the labels on your food
- One time you take responsibility for your health
- One time you become your own hero
Success is the repetition of small improvements/ victories
Trip, fall, continue, even if you crawl!
Simple truth: The Road to Health is a long road, and it’s not an easy journey.
BUT IT’S MEANT FOR EVERYONE, AND IT’S THE BEST THING YOU’LL EVER DO FOR YOURSELF.
But please don’t take my word for it.
Commit to one healthier decision every day, and see for yourself.